REVIEW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Games Review Forum.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inDJ Detektforumpromotionmarvelmovies

Fake Homer Simpson email spreading malware

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
myke

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Fake Homer Simpson email spreading malware Empty
PostSubject: Fake Homer Simpson email spreading malware   Fake Homer Simpson email spreading malware I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 7:54 pm

a fake homer simpson e-mail..........
A screen name once connected to animated TV dad Homer Simpson is being used to spread malware. In a 2003 episode of The Simpsons, writers revealed that Homer’s e-mail address was chunkylover53 Prior to the episode’s airing, the address was registered by one of the show’s writers, who used it to answer hundreds of e-mails from Simpsons fans. Years later, the chunkylover53 screen name has resurfaced, and it’s now being used to distribute a trojan disguised as a Simpsons movie file.
According to FaceTime malware research director Chris Boyd, chunkylover53 is sending out auto-reply messages to users which promises a special exclusive episode of the show available for download. The link in the message leads to an executable file. Upon launching the trojan, the user is presented with a fake error message which is followed by several real error messages and, finally, a blank screen. Upon restarting, the system will run noticeable slower and be prone to crashes. Boyd found that the malicious payload delivered by the trojan includes a rootkit and remote control software which logs the user in a botnet. The malware was traced back to Kimya, a Turkish botnet which has been infecting machines for the last four months.
Source: Vnunet
Back to top Go down
jamez
Admin
jamez

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Fake Homer Simpson email spreading malware   Fake Homer Simpson email spreading malware I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 8:48 pm

lol never a dull moment when ur around huh myke
Back to top Go down
https://review.darkbb.com
myke

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Fake Homer Simpson email spreading malware   Fake Homer Simpson email spreading malware I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 5:29 pm

Very Happy yeh i know, i look for anything thats on the up in the computer world.
or anythin else come to think of it..........
like...........
Terminator Salvation.......... cant wait for this one, but, no arnie.... Shocked
cristian bale's the star.
Back to top Go down
Viper
Admin
Viper

Number of posts : 69

PostSubject: Re: Fake Homer Simpson email spreading malware   Fake Homer Simpson email spreading malware I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 11:29 am

hahaha
Back to top Go down
http://www.dj-detekt.webs.com
jamez
Admin
jamez

Number of posts : 103

PostSubject: Re: Fake Homer Simpson email spreading malware   Fake Homer Simpson email spreading malware I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 11:32 am

we want anie we want arnie Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://review.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fake Homer Simpson email spreading malware   Fake Homer Simpson email spreading malware I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fake Homer Simpson email spreading malware
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
REVIEW :: General :: Off Topic-
Jump to: