REVIEW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Games Review Forum.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inDJ Detektforumpromotionmarvelmovies

Various - Anthem Classics From Clubland (UMTV)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Viper
Admin
Viper

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Various - Anthem Classics From Clubland (UMTV) Empty
PostSubject: Various - Anthem Classics From Clubland (UMTV)   Various - Anthem Classics From Clubland (UMTV) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 1:47 pm

Various - Anthem Classics From Clubland (UMTV) Anthem-classics

Compilation CDs are always a bit of a risky buy, with record company executives trying to tell you what the best songs from a given genre/era are, and invariably being well wide of the mark. This album is no different, except that it comes with details of how to get mobile phone ringtones for each track - a very bad sign.

Nonetheless, the first disc opens strongly, with Ultra Nate's classic floor filler Free. The Happy Clappers continue in such screaming vein on I Believe, while Brothers in Rhythm keep the hollering happy buzz going with Peace And Harmony.

However, a definite retro groove develops through the album, with tracks such as Rozalla, Olive and Living Joy adding to the move. We're going party like it's the mid-'90s it would seem. However, by track ten, the disc is already starting to repeat itself, with little being added by Tall Paul and artists like Jimi Polo and Mount Rushmore being more filler than floor filler.

Rather wearily, this reviewer changes the disc and braces himself for another 20 exhausting tracks. This stuff really wasn't designed to be heard in the cold light of day over coffee. An excellent remix of Jamiroquai's classic Space Cowboy offers hope of some good music, and a dub mix of Nightcrawlers' Push The Feeling On offers a first for this compilation - two good tracks in a row.

The screaming set are back in evidence on Degrees of Motion's Shine On, while a remix of Bobby Brown's ancient tune 2 Can Play That Game is more youth club disco than clubland anthem. Most of the audience for this record were probably still in nappies when that first came out.

Screaming, a common feature of this CD, is back on JK's You Make Me Feel Good, and then things get heavy with Together's Hardcore Uproar. By the time Rockford Files and Sheryl Jay make an appearance, this reviewer is already exhausted and waiting for an ignorant bouncer to kick him out of the club and put him out of his misery.

Any techno fan still standing by this point will no doubt be grateful, but this reviewer has most certainly had enough. I'm sure anyone who buys this record also swears by high-energy drinks also. They will certainly need them to get through this lumbering giant techno mish-mash, even if some of the tracks are highly skippable. Anthem Classics from Clubland may come with ringtones, but it really should come with a health warning.

track listing:

Disc One:
1. Free
2. I Believe
3. Peace And Harmony
4. Anthem
5. Risky
6. Is There Anybody Out There?
7. You're Not Alone
8. Dreamer
9. Everybody's Free (To Feel Good)
10. Rock Da House
11. Take Me Away
12. Better Days
13. I've Got The Music
14. The Lover That You Are
15. I'm Alive
16. Mr Friday Night (Good Fellows Remix)
17. Music's Got Me (Voodoo & Serano Mix)
18. Feel The Tribute
19. Feels So Real 03
20. Open Your Eyes (Ultrabeat Remix)

Disc Two:
1. Space Cowboy (David Morales Remix)
2. Push The Feeling On (MK's Dub Of Doom)
3. Shine On
4. 2 Can Play That Game (K-Klass Remix)
5. 3 Is Family (Dancing Divas Remix)
6. Know How
7. Klubhopping
8. Playing With Knives
9. Brothers And Sisters
10. I'll Be There For You
11. Got A Love For You
12. Gotta Have House
13. You Make Me Feel Good
14. Hardcore Uproar
15. You Sexy Dancer
16. Let The Beat Hit 'Em
17. Your Caress
18. Up To Tha Wildstyle
19. Is This A Dream
20. Power Of Love 2003
21. Turn Up The Power (Dark Mix)
Back to top Go down
http://www.dj-detekt.webs.com
jamez
Admin
jamez

Number of posts : 103

PostSubject: Re: Various - Anthem Classics From Clubland (UMTV)   Various - Anthem Classics From Clubland (UMTV) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 1:52 pm

cool keep up the good work
Back to top Go down
https://review.darkbb.com
Viper
Admin
Viper

Number of posts : 69

PostSubject: Re: Various - Anthem Classics From Clubland (UMTV)   Various - Anthem Classics From Clubland (UMTV) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 1:53 pm

will do =)
Back to top Go down
http://www.dj-detekt.webs.com
jamez
Admin
jamez

Number of posts : 103

PostSubject: Re: Various - Anthem Classics From Clubland (UMTV)   Various - Anthem Classics From Clubland (UMTV) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 2:08 pm

you better do or ill...ill... well i dunno ill....ill you
Back to top Go down
https://review.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Various - Anthem Classics From Clubland (UMTV)   Various - Anthem Classics From Clubland (UMTV) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
REVIEW :: Reviews :: Music-
Jump to: